Goodsol Newsletter #189 -- http://www.goodsol.com
NEW PRETTY GOOD MAHJONGG LAYOUTS
We have added another 5 new tile matching layouts for Pretty Good MahJongg. These are in addition to the 300 layouts that come with Pretty Good MahJongg and the 5 that we added a couple of weeks ago. Download the new layouts from http://www.goodsol.com/pgmj/layouts.html and place the .layout files in the folder specified on that page (there are different instructions for Windows or Mac).
These layouts require Pretty Good MahJongg, which can be downloaded from http://www.goodsol.com/pgmj/download.html
NEW VERSION 14.2 OF PRETTY GOOD SOLITAIRE COMING SOON
A new version 14.2 of Pretty Good Solitaire for Windows will be coming soon. It is currently scheduled for release on October 8th. The new version will feature 10 new games (bringing the total number of games to 820). In addition, the background images that come with the game will be updated for the first time in many years. Version 14.1 has 56 background images - of these, a few old ones have been removed and new ones added for a total of 100 background images. Of course, you can use any image file as a background in any game.
To see screenshots of some of the new games and backgrounds, see http://www.goodsol.com/pgs/whatsnew.html
GOODSOL SOLITAIRE 101 for iPad
Version 1.1 of Goodsol Solitaire 101 for iPad is coming soon. If you have purchased the app, the update will be in the update section of the App Store when it is available, which should be some time within the next week or so, or possibly even sometime today. It will be available as soon as it is approved by Apple.
These are the changes:
- added favorites with star buttons in game list on main menu
- added snapshot and redo to snapshot (touch game toolbar button to access)
- added search for a game name on main menu
- added new card set - Tropical Card Set
- increased font size on game toolbar button to make it more clear that it is a button
- added buttons to increase, decrease, or select random deal numbers
- help files referred to "clicking" rather than touching/tapping
- help file rules for Pyramid incorrectly described card selection
- help for Baker's Dozen did not appear
- rules for Indian Patience incorrectly described the deal
- chosen game was not highlighted when selected randomly via shake
- no score was registered for games where no move can be made
- random deal function always chose the same sequence of numbers
Goodsol Solitaire 101 is $5.99 on the iPad App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodsol-solitaire-101/id642251313?ls=1&mt=8 . Goodsol Solitaire 101 is a collection of 101 solitaire games.
An update of Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad will also be coming this fall.
FEATURED GAME - FOURS UP
This game is at Fours Up.
Like Us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/goodsol
Find Us on Google+ - https://plus.google.com/105678441342439974857
Follow Us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/goodsolitaire
Pin Us on Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/goodsol
Thomas Warfield - Software Designer - email@example.com
Anne Warfield - Order Fulfillment - firstname.lastname@example.org
©2013 Goodsol Development Inc. PO Box 9155, Springfield IL 62791
Pretty Good Solitaire, Pretty Good MahJongg, and more. Visit us at http://www.goodsol.com .
List Archive: http://www.goodsol.com/newsletter.html#archive . View past newsletters.