An updated release of Pretty Good Solitaire (for Windows) is now available. Version 14.4 is available for download from https://www.goodsol.com/download.html .
Version 14.4 adds five new games, for a total of 840 games:
- Crescent Fan - this is Fan with a Crescent-like redeal.
- Five Stacks - an addition game, pair ranks that add to 13 like Nile and FIve Piles.
- Pyramid Clear - a Pyramid variation where you win by just clearing the cards in the Pyramid rather than pairing all of the cards.
- Quadruple Russian - a 4 deck variation of Russian Solitaire.
- Red Hand - a variation of Twister.
A full list of all of the 840 games in version 14.4 is at https://www.goodsol.com/pgs .
This is the 19th anniversary edition of Pretty Good Solitaire. The first version was 19 years ago in July, 1995. It contained only 5 games. 19 years and 835 games later, it is still going.
You can download Pretty Good Solitaire version 14.4 from https://www.goodsol.com/download.html . Or, if you have a previous version installed, you can run the game, go to the Internet menu, and select "Download Latest Version". Be sure to exit the game before you install.
Pretty Good Solitaire version 14.4 is a free update for those who originally ordered version 13 (ordered after April 12, 2011) or those who paid for an upgrade during that time. However, it is not a free upgrade for those who originally ordered version 12 or earlier. Full details on upgrading are at https://www.goodsol.com/upgrade.html .
If you have lost your code and need to type it in again, you can request that your registration code be sent to you again from https://www.goodsol.com/regusers.html . Note that you should only need to type in a code again when installing on a new machine or after a WIndows upgrade or reinstall.
Pretty Good Solitaire version 14.4 is US$24.95 for immediate electronic delivery. If you want an additional CD, there is an option to add $9.95 shipping.
You can order online from https://www.goodsol.com/order.html . In addition to installing the basic game, the CD also installs all of the currently available extra card sets.
Our next new version will be the 550 game update to Pretty Good Solitaire Mac Edition with 50 new games. Watch for it soon!
Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad recently updated to 550 games. See it in the AppStore on an iPad at https://www.goodsol.com/ipad .
NEWSLETTER BONUS DOWNLOADS AND DISCOUNTS
Remember that we have bonus downloads (the Cat and Dog Card Sets) and special discounts for newsletter subscribers to Pretty Good MahJongg and Action Solitaire at https://www.goodsol.com/newsletter.html (subscribe for access).
A new version of Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad is now available! If you have purchased the app, go to the App Store Updates area and the update should be there if you have not already downloaded it.
If you have not bought the iPad app, it is available at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pretty-good-solitaire/id645018925?ls=1&mt=8 .
Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad v1.2 contains 550 games. Here is what is new:
- added 30 new games (550 games total)
The new games are Bell Towers, Carlton Cell, Catalan, Dnieper, Double Bisley, Double Nestor, Double Vertical, Father, Forty Pirates, Friday, Gold Mine, Huge Spider One Suit, Huge Spider Two Suits, Kiev, Klondike 13, Lake Victoria, Lower 48, McCarver, Nile, Osmosis Deal 3, Persian Rug, Portuguese Solitaire, Prince Albert, Rectangular, Romanian Solitaire, Silver Mine, Steve, Tasmanian Patience, Triangular, and XV.
- card animations could be incorrect speed upon victory
- random game selection when filtered could cause app to crash
- quickly tapping on stock caused extra cards to be dealt to waste
- tableau could (rarely) overlap reserve piles in Penguin
- tableau piles in The Bold incorrectly allowed groups to be moved
- tableau in Fortune's Favor incorrectly allowed groups to be moved
If you purchase or update, be sure to rate and review the app! More information about the new version, including a list of the 550 games, is at https://www.goodsol.com/ipad/pretty-good-solitaire.html .
Tips on using the iPad version:
- To access the new game, restart game, snapshots, and other functions, press the large game name and game number button at the top center of the screen.
- To add a game to Favorites on the main screen, touch the star next to the game name. To remove a starred (Favorite) game, touch the highlighted yellow star.
New versions are coming soon of Pretty Good Solitaire for Windows (with 840 games) and Pretty Good Solitaire for Mac (550 games - the same 550 games as in this new iPad version). Watch for them later July and this summer.
Our Windows Games: https://www.goodsol.com/wingames.html
Our Mac Games: https://www.goodsol.com/macgames.html
Our iPad Games: https://www.goodsol.com/ipad
Stuck on a hard game? Ask if anyone can solve it on our forum at https://www.goodsol.net/forum