We have a guide to Forty Thieves type games on our web site at http://www.goodsol.com/games/type-fortythieves.html .
This page lists every Forty Thieves type game in Pretty Good Solitaire and puts them in subgroups of like games. The Forty Thieves type games is the largest game type in Pretty Good Solitaire with well over 100 games.
The games are divided up generally by the number of tableau piles, starting with the standard 10 pile Forty Thieves game itself. It includes popular variations such as Josephine, Indian Patience, Rank and File, Interchange, Thieves of Egypt, Busy Aces, and many more.
See the whole list at http://www.goodsol.com/games/type-fortythieves.html . If you like one game from a subtype, you will probably like the others in the same subtype as well.
Games that have pictures are games in the iPad version of Pretty Good Solitaire. A few games have special links under their pictures, these are games that have been featured in past newsletters.
The full site of all featured games is at http://www.goodsol.com/games
PRETTY GOOD SOLITAIRE for iPad TIPS
Here's a few tips for using Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad. Pretty Good Solitaire for iPad is available at http://www.goodsol.com/ipad . We have other smaller iPad solitaire collections there as well.
1) The game name and game number at the top center is a button. From this button, you can restart the current game, start a new game, select a game number and play that, or see your statistics.
2) Also, on game history list of your games played, if you swipe on a score, a button will appear that allows you to delete that score. And in the iPad app if you play a game number you have played before, it will replace your old score with your new score.
3) If you touch a card and hold your finger on it, the app will show you the building rules for that pile, plus how many cards are in the pile.
4) You can change players by typing a player name in the player name box on the main screen.
5) You can add a game to Favorites by touching the star next to the game name in the menu. Or, to remove a game from Favorites (a game that is starred), just touch the star again to unselect it.